Application developer and team leader with a focus on managing complex projects to achieve desired results. More than 15 years of professional experience in all facets of software development.
- Methodologies: Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- Development Tools & Platforms: GitHub, Symfony, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, CodeIgniter, WordPress, Lumen, React, Angular, Backbone, Sinatra, Node.js, Hubot, Dashing, jQuery, Redmine, Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation
- Software: Apache, NGINX, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, Axure RP
- Systems: Amazon Web Services, Heroku, Google Cloud, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat), MacOS, Microsoft Windows
- Databases: MySQL, MariaDB PostgreSQL, Redis, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Oracle
Senior Application Developer (November 2017 - Present); Application Developer (January 2017 - October 2017)
- Work on the Flagship Applications team in the Office of Research Informatics (ORI) for the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR).
- Develop and maintain enterprise-grade applications that support the research mission of VUMC and participating institutions.
- Work on the Data Research Center (DRC) team for the All of Us Research Program, an initiative to recruit one million participants to a biomedical research study through the National Institutes of Health.
- Work with project stakeholders to plan new features and address issues that may arise.
- Evaluate new tools and practices to improve the performance of the team as a whole.
Technology: Apache, Bash, Docker, Elasticsearch, Epic EHR, GitHub, GitLab, Google App Engine, Google Cloud, Grunt, Hubot, Jenkins, Jira, jQuery, MariaDB, Oracle, PHP, PivotalTracker, REDCap, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sass, Bootstrap, Silex, Symfony, Zend
Manager of Development (February 2016 - December 2016); Operations Manager & Senior Developer (December 2014 - February 2016); Senior Developer (May 2012 - December 2014); Developer (May 2011 - April 2012)
- Managed a team of 10 developers and a quality analyst to build or redevelop sections of the application based on product roadmap.
- Performed code reviews and managed the release of software to our production servers.
- Developed internal tools to manage operations via chat and evaluate company performance via dashboards.
- Participated in the on-call rotation for application and operations pagers.
- Worked closely with the Customer Education team to resolve issues as they arise.
Technology: Amazon Web Services, Apache, Backbone, Bash, Bootstrap, CentOs, Chef, CodeIgniter, Dashing, GitHub, Google APIs, Grafana, Hubot, Jenkins, jQuery, Lumen, MySQL, Node.js, PHP, React, Redis, Ruby, Redmine, Sass, Stripe, Vagrant, WordPress
Manager of Strategy (October 2010 - May 2011); Interactive Strategist (August 2009 - September 2010)
- Managed a team of five strategic consultants for all of the agency’s client work.
- Worked as the primary point of contact for B2B, B2C and non-profit organizations.
- Developed comprehensive marketing plans centered around interactive web projects.
- Responsible for 20 to 30 active projects in various phases of completion at any given time.
- Created site and application wireframes, clickable prototypes and user stories to guide the development process.
Director of Publications (August 2008 - August 2009); Media Specialist (September 2006 - July 2008)
- Built and maintained multiple web applications for e-commerce, intranet tools and data interchange with partners.
- Negotiated contract terms with printers, mailers and trade magazines.
- Prepared annual departmental budget for print and web marketing strategy.
- Created semi-annual catalogs, circulars and web promotions for product sales.
- Responsible for accuracy, quality and consistency of all customer communications.
Pre-press Tech / Mac Operator (May - August 2006)
- Prepared internal and commercial print jobs for offset printing press.
- Provided technical support for multiple system platforms for colleagues and clients.
- Responsible for redesigning subsidiary newspaper’s website.
Executive Editor (August 2003 - May 2006); Technical Editor (October 2002 - July 2003)
- Managed a staff of 17 for editorial and business divisions of a weekly student newspaper.
- Conducted staff writer and editorial board meetings.
- Responsible for the design of Page 1, final approval of all pages.
- Created and maintained a dynamic content management system for website.
- Designed news graphics and photo illustrations for print and online editions.
- Responsible for proofed and encapsulated PDF pages for printing at a remote site.
- Covered the Student Government Association, feature stories and breaking news.
Communications Intern (May - August 2004)
- Worked in the Media Relations Department for a prominent junior golf tour.
- Designed print programs, fact sheets, press releases and feature stories for tournaments.
- Developed websites for major sponsored tournaments.
Application Developer (February 2001 - January 2003)
- Worked with a team of five on various IT projects for Nashville-based energy company.
- Developed and maintained an intranet portal for multi-enterprise collaboration.
- Developed an intranet-based application for reporting fuel prices across Middle Tennessee.
Project Management Institute; License #1672054
Earned November 2013; Expires November 2023
Volunteer & Community Involvement
Member (May 2016 - Present)
Neighborhood association that meets monthly to discuss issues facing our East Nashville community.
Class of 2019
Founded in 2002 to create an organization dedicated to the ongoing development, advancement and interaction of emerging leaders in the Nashville community.
President (2019 - Present); Trustee (2010 - 2013, 2018 - Present)
Alumni association for members of Sigma Phi Epsilon at the University of Tennessee at Martin. Work with the undergraduate chapter leaders
Member (November 2013 - Present)
Community of practice around the project management profession. Holds monthly meetings for educational credit as well as networking events.
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communications (major); Business Administration (minor) - 2006