Application developer and team leader with a focus on managing complex projects to achieve desired results. More than 15 years of professional experience in all facets of software development.
- Methodologies: Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- Development Tools & Platforms: GitHub, Symfony, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, CodeIgniter, WordPress, Lumen, React, Angular, Backbone, Sinatra, Node.js, Hubot, Dashing, jQuery, Redmine, Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation
- Software: Apache, NGINX, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker
- Systems: Amazon Web Services, Heroku, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS), MacOS, Microsoft Windows
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Mongo, Elasticsearch
Senior Application Developer (November 2017 - Present); Application Developer (January 2017 - October 2017)
- Work on the Platform Applications team in the Office of Research Informatics for the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR).
- Develop and maintain enterprise-grade applications that support the research mission of VUMC and participating institutions.
- Work with project stakeholders to plan new features and address issues that may arise.
- Evaluate new tools and practices to improve the performance of the team as a whole.
Manager of Development (February 2016 - December 2016); Operations Manager & Senior Developer (December 2014 - February 2016); Senior Developer (May 2012 - December 2014); Developer (May 2011 - April 2012)
- Managed a team of 10 developers and a quality analyst to build or redevelop sections of the application based on product roadmap.
- Performed code reviews and managed the release of software to our production servers.
- Developed internal tools to manage operations via chat and evaluate company performance via dashboards.
- Participated in the on-call rotation for application and operations pagers.
- Worked closely with the Customer Education team to resolve issues as they arise.
Manager of Strategy (October 2010 - May 2011); Interactive Strategist (August 2009 - September 2010)
- Managed a team of five strategic consultants for all of the agency’s client work.
- Worked as the primary point of contact for B2B, B2C and non-profit organizations.
- Developed comprehensive marketing plans centered around interactive web projects.
- Responsible for 20 to 30 active projects in various phases of completion at any given time.
- Created site and application wireframes, clickable prototypes and user stories to guide the development process.
Director of Publications (August 2008 - August 2009); Media Specialist (September 2006 - July 2008)
- Built and maintained multiple web applications for e-commerce, intranet tools and data interchange with partners.
- Negotiated contract terms with printers, mailers and trade magazines.
- Prepared annual departmental budget for print and web marketing strategy.
- Created semi-annual catalogs, circulars and web promotions for product sales.
- Responsible for accuracy, quality and consistency of all customer communications.
Pre-press Tech / Mac Operator (May - August 2006)
- Prepared internal and commercial print jobs for offset printing press.
- Provided technical support for multiple system platforms for colleagues and clients.
- Responsible for redesigning subsidiary newspaper’s website.
Executive Editor (August 2003 - May 2006); Technical Editor (October 2002 - July 2003)
- Managed a staff of 17 for editorial and business divisions of a weekly student newspaper.
- Conducted staff writer and editorial board meetings.
- Responsible for the design of Page 1, final approval of all pages.
- Designed and maintained dynamic content management system for website.
- Designed news graphics and photo illustrations for print and online editions.
- Responsible for proofed and encapsulated PDF pages for printing at a remote site.
- Covered the Student Government Association, feature stories and breaking news.
Communications Intern (May - August 2004)
- Worked in the Media Relations Department for a prominent junior golf tour.
- Designed print programs, fact sheets, press releases and feature stories for tournaments.
- Developed websites for major sponsored tournaments.
Application Developer (February 2001 - January 2003)
- Worked with a team of five on various IT projects for Nashville-based energy company.
- Developed and maintained an intranet portal for multi-enterprise collaboration.
- Developed an intranet-based application for reporting fuel prices across Middle Tennessee.
Project Management Institute; License #1672054
Earned November 2013; Expires November 2018
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communications (major); Business Administration (minor) - 2006