I live with my wife in East Nashville, only a few steps from a popular coffee shop and down the street from our church. We attended the University of Tennessee at Martin where we met in 2003. I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications (News-Editorial) from that fine institution. I enjoy watching hockey and football and engaging in informed political discussion. Entirely too much of my time is spent in front of a computer. As for shameless plugs, Samantha and I do freelance marketing and design work in our somewhat meager spare time.
Trivial stuff about the site
I have had various incarnations of a personal website dating back to the late nineties. I learned my first bits of HTML en route to a $100 savings bond from a small town bank needing to establish a web presence. Somehow, I turned it into something I do for a living.
- Hosting: Media Temple (mt)
- Platform: Linux running Apache HTTP Server
- Scripting: PHP 5.3.15 with a sprinkling of jQuery and assorted plugins.
- Responsive CSS/JS Framework: Bootstrap, from Twitter
- Software: WordPress 3.5.1
- Database: MySQL 5.1.55-rel12.6
- Photos: Flickr
- Portfolio: Carbonmade
- Design Credits:
- Desktop: Mac mini (Late 2009) running OS X 10.7 "Lion"
- Coding/FTP: TextMate / Cyberduck
- Messaging: Twitter / Facebook
- ToDo List: Things
- Background Noise: Last.fm through iTunes
- Caffeine: Coca-Cola Classic